Brochure Type: Preview Europe and Britain 2022
Hit the ground running on this 10-day Europe trip, transporting you to the beating heart of glittering cities and the picture-perfect countryside. You'll know dreams do come true as you admire Buckingham Palace, Paris, Michelangelo's talents and lap up lakeside living in Lucerne.
- Explore Rome, Florence, Paris and London with a Local Specialist
- Discover Venice and Lucerne
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- View the Colosseum and other ancient sites in Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs Elysees, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, the White Cliffs of Dover, Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament in London
- See the Tuscan countryside, the vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefield in France
- 9 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel
- Ferry across the Channel from Calais to Dover
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page for details.
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (410) 573-6888 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546907
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome: Ciao Roma! Welcome to the 'Eternal City' - once home to gods and goddesses, emperors, senators and slaves. Explore the city's bustling boulevards and labyrinthine lanes before meeting your fellow travellers and Travel Director at a Welcome Reception. This evening, we embark on an orientation drive revealing some of the city's most celebrated sights.|
|Day 2||Rome||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: The Holy See takes centre stage today as we join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that will see us visit the 17th-century St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City and witness Michelangelo's sorrowful Pieta, a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture. We cross the Tiber into Ancient Rome to delve into what was once the largest empire in the world and view such ancient sites as the imposing Colosseum where brave gladiators and slaves duelled to their deaths. Consider an Optional Experience to gain VIP access to see the magnificent frescoes inside the Sistine Chapel and VIP entry into the Colosseum. Later, enjoy some free time to explore the picturesque piazze of Rome, sit on the Spanish Steps or shop up a storm on Via Condotti.|
|Day 3||Florence||Onwards to Florence: We travel north into the vineyard-clad hills of Tuscany and along the Arno River Valley. Connect With Locals over lunch in a castle during a Be My Guest experience, before continuing to Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance. Learn about the quality and workmanship of one of this city's historic industries at a demonstration of Florentine leathercraft. Then, join a Local Specialist for an enchanting encounter with one of the world's cultural centres, admiring the exquisite architecture and artistry around every turn. View the marble Duomo and Piazza della Signoria, the political hub of Florence, before arriving at your hotel.|
|Day 4||Canals of Venice||Journey to the Canals of Venice: The romantic island city of Venice is our final destination today. We take to San Marco's waters, cruising the canals and admiring views of the imposing St. Mark's Basilica and ornate Doge's Palace. We'll Dive Into Culture next and witness the centuries-old art of Venetian glassblowing before enjoying an afternoon at leisure to explore narrow calle in search of a cosy bacaro where you can enjoy delicious Venetian cuisine washed down with an Aperol Spritz or two. If you have time, venture to the enchanting canal-side setting of St. Mark's Square - the sounds of talented musicians, seagulls and lapping water provide the perfect backdrop for a memorable sunset over the Grand Canal.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 5||Lucerne||Across the Alps to Lucerne: We depart Venice, travelling north into the picturesque Italian and Swiss Lake Districts via Como and Lugano. Slicing through the Alps, we arrive in Switzerland and the laid-back lakeside city of Lucerne. The city is perhaps most famous for its solid wooden Chapel Bridge and poignant Lion Monument, a memorial to Swiss Guards. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure, amble through the Old Town or consider joining an Optional Experience and ascend one of the surrounding mountain peaks for panoramic views.|
|Day 6||Paris||Through Burgundy to Paris: From Lucerne, we head into France and through the rolling vineyard-clad hills of Burgundy, one of the country's largest wine-producing areas. Arriving in Paris, we enjoy a free evening. Wander up grand boulevards and along the scenic Seine, grab a bite to eat and sip wine at a cosy bistro or consider attending one of the city's famous colourful cabaret shows.|
Crowne Plaza Neuilly
|Day 7||Paris||Explore Elegant Paris: Join a Local Specialist today to delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles.|
|Day 8||London||Cross the English Channel to London: Pass the tragic Somme battlefields en route to Calais from where we set sail across the English Channel to Dover and travel through Kent to London.|
|Day 9||London||Discover Historic London: Join a Local Specialist today to see the sights of London. View Big Ben, the imposing Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace, after which you have an afternoon at leisure to soak up the dynamic atmosphere of this capital city that combines centuries-old heritage with modern verve. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a memorable Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 10||Journey Home||Journey Home: It's time to bid farewell to London and your fellow travellers as your memorable European holiday comes to an end. Airport transfers are available.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class